Thursday, December 9, 2010

Food part 1


If you happen to look at my profile picture you will notice a rather cherubic face looking out at you. Yes I am around guy! I like to eat! I have been a round fellow since high school. Food, good food that is, has always been a passion of mine. I thoroughly enjoy finding a small hole in the wall eatery. I love finding Mom and Pop joints that serve excellent food from their Grandma’s recipe. I also have a very worldly palette. I love Mexican, Thai, Indian, Ethiopian, and all of Europe!!!
Being located at the Towers in Tempe afforded me the opportunity to frequent some of my favorite eating establishments and to try some new ones. Hardy and University is one of my favorite corners to eat at. It has The Cornish Pasty Company, Rosita’s Mexican food, CafĂ© Lalabela which is Ethiopian, Cheba Hut, and Harlow’s. You can not go wrong with any of these resturants, they all are excellent in what they do. I was also able to try several new places. Smash Burger, jimmy Johns, and Five Guys. Jimmy Johns is by far my favorite sub shope now. They are quick inexpensive and deliver an excellent product. Smash Burger and Five Guys do not even come close to the Chuckbox. Although one friend did say that Chuckbox Burger with Five Guys fries would be Heavenly!!
There was also a great return of an old favorite of mine. Stan’s Metro Deli returned to Mill Ave in the location that was previously occupied by the Spaghetti Company. This is an awesome deli and very friendly!! Do not go there if you do not have a huge appetite. Their meals and sandwiches are enough to feed a linebacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment