Thursday, December 9, 2010

Last two Surveys


The last two survey jobs I did were for the third floor of the rural road structure and Lot 59 NE. the reason the for the survey of the third floor of the rural road structure is that there were complaints that there wasn't enough large parking spaces for pickups to park in that structure. So the decision was made to enlarge all the parking spaces on the third floor from 7 1/2 feet to 9 feet. Now the contractor stated that we would only lose X. Number of spaces. Unfortunately he was off by a large margin. I can only say that the actual number of losses was twice what he estimated. The loss was so great that I was actually asked to re-count the spaces three times and the last time I had another person with me to verify my count.

Lot 59 N. East is no longer part of ASU, it was sold to a developer for a lakefront project. Well that didn't exactly happen. The developer ran out of money the project was never started or completed. ASU requested permission to use the lots as a receptacle lots and an overflow lot. The developer was glad to grant us this permission as it would keep people from abandoning their vehicles. We did also noticed that quite a few of our repeat offenders were using this lot to park in. So I was requested to go survey the condition of the lot and sketch a rough draft of the lot. This is another very oddly shaped like I don't even think it has a single right angle. It also has several high tension electrical towers running through it. This was probably the least fun of any of my surveys and the most difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment