Thursday, December 9, 2010

Survey and redraw of Lots 16, 18, and 20


The first survey and redraw that I was tasked with, was like 18, 20, 16. Lots 16 had been restriped right after it had been resurfaced on the south side of the building. This part of lots 16 also has several different visitor and reserved parking spaces because it houses the ceramics museum. I also had to re-sketch the North West side of the building due to the addition of lot 20, where the building used to be.

Lot 18 is what used to be in the visitor's section of lots 16 when the building that held Tower records was still there. Where the building was we have put in Lot 20 which is a pay lot for visitors and students. By 18 is also a pay lot for visitors and students. South of Chile is and West of lot 20 N. side of lot 16. As both Lot 18 and 20 are fairly new, I had to do the rough sketch of these lots so that a CAD Platte could be created. Doing mechanical drawings has always been one of my favorites things to do. So this was a very enjoyable task. My father is a retired mechanical engineer and I learned very early in my life how to do line drawings and mechanical drawings. As my father was going to college he worked as a draftsman and this is where he picked up the skills. And as such he generally did his own blueprints for his projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment